Friday, October 15, 2010

FED UP!

Hi Jenny

See what I mean!

Civil servants don't care a damn of your complaint and mine.

Rakyat diutamakan! It makes my toes start laughing.

-----Original Message-----

From: Stephen Ng [mailto:ejng@pc.jaring.my]

Sent: Wednesday, 22 September, 2010 8:46 AM

To: Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan (sidek@pmo.gov.my); Dr. Tam Heng Wah - Public Complaints Bureau

Cc: Jenny Lee

Subject: FW: PD beach

Dear Tan Sri KSN/ Dato' Dr Tam,

Here is another example. After the Malay Mail highlighted the complaint one year ago, and the PD Council promised that it will do frequent spring cleaning, it takes the same person to highlight the complaint again. Where is the transformation in our civil service?

I am only chanelling the complaint to you because this issue has to do with the quality of our civil servants, and you do appear to have a mechanism to deal with errant civil servants the way the corporate world would have dealt with deadwood within their organisations.

Trust this matter will be looked into. I am disappointed that as rakyat, we have to keep highlighting the complaints and no one is hearing.

Cheers

Stephen

-----Original Message-----

From: Jenny Lee [mailto:jenny18lee@gmail.com]

Sent: Friday, 17 September, 2010 12:20 AM

To: Stephen Ng

Subject: PD beach

Dear Stephen,

I visited the beach I highlighted previously last Sunday, 13th Sept.

2010. This beach is next to Bayu Beach Resort. I saw polystyrene

cups, plastic bottles, baby diapers, plastic bags etc. littered at the beach. There were garbage outside the garbage bins. Because the bins were full.

I just saw The Oprah show. It was about 40th Earth Day. One of the guests was David De Rothchilds of www.plastiki.com. He said there are actually 5 garbage swirls in the ocean. Some of it is as deep as 90 feet. There were pictures of sea animals died due to the garbage in the sea.

I am feeling very disturbed. Knowing that Malaysia is one of the culprits. I am scared and worried. How are we going to ensure that our children have a safe and clean environment in future? I cannot even get my in laws to stop taking plastic bags.

As for our government, they don't seem to be doing enough to reduce the garbage. Our schools, hospitals, banks, food outlets etc. are not recycling their garbage. Why? Because our government themselves are not doing it. Do you see recycling bins at the government offices?

They do a bit of talking once in the while. But they are not practising what they preach.

NO ENFORCEMENT. MPS issued a notice months ago about proper ways of packing our rubbish. They claimed that they will not collect our rubbish if not properly packed up. But do they implement it. NO! I still see garbage contractors picking up rubbish strewn on the floor.

The rest goes into the drain lor. Disgracing.

What do they do to get the picnickers not to litter at the beach?

Nothing! No enforcement. No penalty. No signboard that says 'Keep the beach clean.' NOTHING! They just engage a few cheap contractors to do surface work. Play wayang kulit. The rest of the money goes to conducting 'kursus, kenduri & more makan-makan' meetings. Even enough to 'ta-pau balik' for their families. I have seen this myself. It is their culture.

I have insomia now. :(

Regards,

Jenny

www.savejapandolphins.org

No comments:

Post a Comment