Wednesday, October 13, 2010

TM has not improved



Whether it is true or not, TM should immediately investigate the complaints people have of its staff. Some 10 years ago, when I was writing for Malay Mail, I used to compare TNB and Telekom Malaysia's response to the media. While I was full of praise for TNB's Syed Hidzam Syed Osman, TM's Public Relations Department was a little tortoise when it came to response to the media.

A couple of years ago, when I wanted to register Streamyx, I encountered the same problem at TM Point in Kepong. I was made to visit the office several times, simply because the customer service person wanted a certain agent to attend to my application. Whether she received commission from the agent or not, I don't know, but her attitude was enough to drive me up the wall. It's no wonder that my neighbour, Mdm Jenny Lee, complained something similar (see the post below).

---------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

I have a long story about my experience with TM yesterday.

Yesterday I went to TMpoint Kepong to pay my Streamyx and Unifi bills.

I received a reminder from TM about an outstanding for 1 month. I

don't know why they did not charge my card for the final month. I have terminated the service. I have been paying my Streamyx bills through autobilling.

I wanted to pay my Unifi bill too because yesterday was the due date.

As usual the place was crowded. Parking is another headache in this place.

I was the 30th person in the queue. Not wanting to wait, I tried to use the kiosk. But I discovered that it does not accept Unifi bill.

Anyway, I thought I will just pay the Streamyx bill. I will just post the a cheque to Unifi. To my disappointment, I discovered that the kiosk does not accept RM1 note. I had to pay RM66. :-)Back to queuing. One number away, they started calling numbers for other type of services. By then, I was very impatient already. Almost 40 minutes has passed. Came this lady who claimed that she missed turn when her number was called. The cashier tried to entertain her but discovered cannot be done. She referred the lady to another counter. In the process, the lady customer was taking her sweet time to gather the stack of documents she took out from her file.Both of them continued to chat. I walked up to the cashier and told her to start calling the next number as I was only a number away. I needed to fetch Karyn from school too.

I wanted to apply for autobilling for Unifi but was told such service is not available yet. Which mean I have to pay at TMpoint or send them the cheque.

I was told it will take 2 weeks to process the termination. I have submitted the termination form on 3 Sep. The monthly bill is dated on 16th of the month. The billed me in full. Does this make sense to you? Why does it need 2 weeks to process a termination?

More frustration is, I discovered there is a Streamyx charge to my credit card on 21 Sept., today. I wanted to know if I have double paid. I called up the customer service line but was told he can't see my record in their system since my service has been terminated. Which mean I can only find out from TMpoint counter.

I feel that I in a very backwards country. I am using so called fiber optic broadband, yet I can't even pay my bills in a fuss free way.

They should at least station their kiosk in shopping complexes where it is easier for the customers to make payment. TMpoint outlet is like a 'pasar'.

They should also not launch the product when they have not get the infrastructure in place. Unifi speed is not user friendly la.

Frustrated!!!!!

Jenny

-----
I don't know who sent me this email, but whatever it is, TM must improve its service. The pictures tell the whole story.


Subject: FW: TM Point is too busy playing facebook to serve customer &
being extremely rude


Dear ALL,

Despite of the two complaints below (please refer to the mails below if
TM is ever concerned about customer satisfaction), I continue to
encounter EXTREMELY poor service in TM ..................

I was at the .............(TMpoint) AGAIN at 1.29pm on 25/8/2010 (Wed)
as I did not receive my monthly statements in the last two months. The
front desk customer service personnel, ..................(CSR) was being
rude and NOT willing to assist as she was too busy playing facebook. She
was so engrossed with her facebook that she did not realize that I
snapped her photo while she was playing it. She was subsequently stunt
when I took the photo of her face. The photos are enclosed for your
evidence. As you can see, there are other customers waiting for her to
serve.

The matter was brought up to the Team Leader Puan...............(TL)

I cannot believe a national icon GLC like TM with strategic KPIs set by
the government could tolerate such service level. In addition, despite
of writing to some the key personnel listed in TM annual report, no one
take us seriously!!!!!! I hope our beloved Prime Minister is able to get
the RIGHT PEOPLE to behave in an ACCOUNTABLE manner before the RAKYAT
lost faith totally..... He has make many progressive changes,
unfortunately it is disappointing to see that such basic service is
still a challenge.

Customer Centricity Perspective KPI "Committed to spend at least 5% of
revenue per annum for improvement in quality of customer experience"
*Quoted from TM KPI report for 2010-2012 I assumed that the 5% of the
revenue is provided for staff to be multitasking by playing facebook and
attending to customer at the same time.

By the way, I am not just a RAKYAT Malaysia who paid tax but I am also a
responsible TM customer who is trying to pay my streamyx bill despite of
not receiving my monthly statement.

I am not here to break anyone's rice bowl but the company should
diligently assign the right people as front-liners as it is extremely
disturbed to see that a company can BE RUDE to a customer who is trying
to pay the bill.



Disappointed customer,
Lee Ching Kuan




No comments:

Post a Comment