Thursday, August 19, 2010

INTERNET SPEED, MCMC DO SOMETHING!

Few people know how we fare in our Internet speed!

Where is MCMC in getting our Internet Service Providers up to speed?

I signed up P1Wimax in January this year. Within two weeks, I had to decide to return it because it was hardly usable.

I then signed up Celcom Broadband, which promised a speed of up to 3.6MBPS. But what I got was only 0.1 or 0.2 MBPS! What a joke! Celcom promised me that they would upgrade their infrastructure by Q2, then postponed it to Q3, and now, I am told it has been postponed to Q4.

Meanwhile, I am having to keep Streamyx and Celcom Broadband. After some strong letters to Celcom, they finally agreed to allow me to temporarily terminate the service.

Like I said, the reason for signing up with Celcom is to be able to use it, and eventually terminating my Streamyx line, but can Celcom be up to speed to deliver its 3G services?

It is no wonder that Malaysia is ranked 90! Even Iceland has a speed six times of ours! Are our MCMC people aware of this? What are they doing about it?

Believe me, despite this being highlighted to the Chief Secretary to the Government, I think he is just sitting on his laurels.


No comments:

Post a Comment